Saturday, January 17, 2009

Week one

I think that Lawyers, even though they are sometimes viewed as cheaters, are there to help. They learn the laws to know how to interpret them.
Some lawyers have the reputation for not helping their customers or for cheating over certain cases, but I think that not all of them are like that. They are also humans that make mistakes. I think that lawyers deserve more respect for who they are and for what they do than what they are given. They are very knowledgeable people that have gone through a lot of school to be able to help people understand the law. People sometimes don’t understand how certain things about the law work and can sometimes think that their lawyer did not work hard enough to get them compensated for their case. Sometimes things are more complicated that what they seem.
Lawyers sometimes do things that makes them seem like cheaters but are doing this to help the public. Throughout history, many important cases have been able to win and change the way our country is shaped because the lawyer knew how to convince the judge or the people that the other way was better.
Over all I think that without lawyers, many things would be different because people would not know how to interpret certain laws to defend themselves or their cases.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you about how most people think of lawyers in a negative way is wrong. However, Lawyers should hold themselves up to the highest ethical standards. In a lot of cases lawyers have to stretch and bend interpretation of laws to suit their particular purpose. By doing this they have the ability to fundamentally reshape our country and culture, and with that possibility comes great responsibility. While this concerns me greatly I totally feel, as you do, that overall lawyers do much more good than bad. Then again I consider myself quite an optimist, so I’m sure there are plenty of people who would disagree with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its really not all lawyers that are bad, as you said they are humans like you and I. There are also bad plumers, bad programers, and bad designers. Its just a job.

    As the for lawyers in general, they are indeed very wise people, who picked the job not only for the money (though its real big in their case) but to help people as well who can't defend for themselves!

    ReplyDelete